Total Pageviews

Monday, February 19, 2007

Message To All From Tommy Norwood

Calvin, thanks for all the great news...it is so enjoyable to read and view all the comments as well as the photos of so many I have not had the chance to see. It seems as though each time I do get a chance to return to Kingsport, time is the one thing lacking so much.
To the wonderful staff and members of the Alumni Association, your hard work is not getting unnoticed. From the many of us that have ventured away from home, just like Dorothy used to say, "there is no place like home." You have managed to capture it and recreated it in our hearts. As I gaze at the many pictures I can see many of us darting down the hallways for lunch just waiting to be caught by Prof. Dobbins, or was it the mad dash across the field racing to get to Rev Edge's for a burger. I see the pictures of the gym and I remember those games against Slater High...I see the faces of so many I have missed and the ones that have molded our lives, from my first days with Mrs. Dobbins all the way up to Mr. Hendricks.
You know it is so amazing how many brave souls we had molding us into who we are today. Like many of you we will always remember, the Douglass High Tigers. My thanks go out to all of you that have helped me become the man I am...Bravo to all my teachers, our beloved pastors, our civic leaders and loving and caring parents, friends and relatives.

Thomas C Norwood, Jr (Tommy) or (Little TC)


GRATITUDE:
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. - William Arthur Ward