Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tech Sgt. Carl Emory Evans Obituary and Messages of Condolence

KINGSPORT — On Thursday June 12, 2008, Tech Sgt. Carl Emory Evans, 54, was peacefully called to eternal rest.
One of seven children of William and Julia Evans, Carl was born in Kingsport on May 4, 1954. He resided in Tampa, Fla. for the past 18 years.


Carl graduated from Dobyns-Bennett High School in 1972. He was a decorated veteran of the United States Air Force, and retired after 20 years of service. During his enlistment, Carl served throughout the U.S. and the world, including Nebraska, Alaska, Germany, Korea and Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War. After retiring from the Air Force, he worked at R.P. Scherer for 15 years and then Vertis Communications.
Carl’s respectful, appreciative, and social character brought him many loving friends during his life. Always putting the needs of others first, he was considerate and giving. He enjoyed the company of friends and family, as well as listening to jazz and blues music. He also found relaxation in riding around cities and admiring the people and surroundings.
Carl was preceded in death by his mother, Julia (Muller) Evans (2007); and brother, Ricky Evans (2004).
His love and life will be remembered by his father, William Andrew Evans (Kingsport); his wife, Kathy B. Evans (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.); sons, Emory Ali Evans (Harlem, N.Y), Julius Andrew Evans (Nashville, Tenn.), Emerson Tyler Dorris (Salinas, Calif.) and Joshua Storm Evans (Kingsport); two sisters, Kathy Evans (Kingsport), Gail Evans (Kingsport); three brothers, William Earl Evans (Stacy) (Kansas City, Mo.), Dale Evans (Marie) (Norfolk, Va.) and John Evans (Shaun) (Kingsport); two aunts, Willie Bond and Betsy Ann Pierce (Jack); one uncle, Hugh Hodges; as well as cousins, nieces, nephews and friends.
The family will receive friends from 10 to 11 a.m. on Wednesday at Central Baptist Church, 300 Carver Street, Kingsport.
Services will follow at the church with Rev. Stacy Evans officiating.
Burial will be held at 2 p.m. at the Mountain Home National Cemetery, Mountain Home, Tenn. In Carl’s memory, donations can be made to the American Cancer Society (www.cancer.org). Expressions of love and online condolences can be sent via email to raclarkfuneralservice@yahoo.com.
Carl Emory Evans and family are in the care of R.A. Clark Funeral Service, Inc. 423-245-4971.
___________________________________________________________________________
MESSAGES OF CONDOLENCE:
___________________________________________________________________________

Calvin,
I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of Carl Evans. We will be
praying for his family at this time.
Brenda and Thomas Bond
___________________________________________________________________________


Thank you Calvin. I talked to my sister this morning and she told me. We
will keep them in our thoughts and our prayers.

Have a blessed day.

Shirley (Burnette) Powers
____________________________________________________________________________

Calvin
I was just shocked when I received this news. How are you doing? By the way
did you do a story on Central's 90 church anniversary? I would love some
history of the church. Let me know where I can get a print out of the
history of central. Please. I've been sharing about Kspt and the
neighborhood with my co-workers and my church family here in this area. Lord
I just can't get over Carl. That's all I've thought about since receiving
your email.

Von (Reece)
____________________________________________________________________________

I am sorry about Carl passing; he was a good friend, as well as his brother and sisters. I will be praying for his family, this is so sad.
Big Tim Finch
____________________________________________________________________________


I was so sorry to hear of Carl's passing. I have been keeping in touch with William Earl. I want the Evans family to know that I am praying for their strength.

Roberta Webb Lanauze

____________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts and prayers are with the Evans Family. Carl is at peace and is not suffering anymore and we must pray for his family to have strength to endure these trying times.

From: Lulu, Sherri, Renny and the entire Gray Family.

LORD, I ASK THAT I WILL BE COMMITTED
TO PRAYER AND NOT FAINT, LOSE HEART
OR GIVE UP
LUKE 18:1
BE BLESSED
RHONDA NOLLY

______________________________________________________________________________