Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Watch for More Pictures!

In less than 24 hours, the website got almost 600 hits (visits) to the old pictures of Douglass students-Riverview residents that Mrs. Jennie Ruth Bristol gave me. Most everybody used it as a game to identify them, and thanks to Helen Bunting, I got everybody's name.. But then, I got this note from Doris Calloway:

"This was such a great "mystery" -I love who done it's and now - Who's This's (smiles) - good exercise for the mind - memory and recall. Thanks so much - this was really a lot of fun."

And then, I got this note from Margaret Murray:

TODAY I VIEWED YOUR LATEST POSTS AND BY FAR IT WAS THE BEST IDEA YET. OLD PICTURES OF DOUGLASS CHILDREN. LAURA LEE IS MY AUNT, MY FATHERS BABY SISTER, SHE IS NOT WITH US BUT I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE HER PICTURE.
THANK YOU, KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK.

I think you see where this is going..
I'll be pulling pictures from the old Douglass Annuals every once in a while, and I'll leave the names off, to see how many identifications you can get.

Thanks to Helen, Doris and Margaret for the idea!